The UK’s Most Comprehensive Dental Implant Course
Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) level 7 in Oral Implantology
Hosted at the London College of Oral Implantology (LCOI)
If you are looking for one of the best and most comprehensive postgraduate course in implant dentistry in the UK, then LCOI can help.
The LCOI college provides a uniquely structured training course, run over 12 months and provides 70 hours of enhanced verifiable CPD hours.
Our dental implant training course consists of:
- 10 assessed theoretical and practical modules taking place on Saturdays from 12th March 2022 to 3rd December 2022.
- Clinical components to complete the treatment of a minimum 2 patients provided by a mentor at a accredited training centre.
- Clinical components will be assessed for each stage of treatment by a clinical supervisor.
- You will have the option to bring your own patients to the centre for treatment under supervision with no extra charge to you. Patient will pay a discounted fee.
- You may be provided with mentor support even after completion of the course, if required. (This is subject to mutual agreement between you and your mentor)
- The postgraduate certificate course is normally completed in 12 months but it could take longer depending on your clinical cases. (You will not be charged for the extra time, if this occurs).
Live patient for implant training
If you are looking for a UK dental implant course with live patients then our comprehensive Oral Implantology course can help.
Each delegate will treat minimum 2 patients provided by a accredited training centre under direct supervision by a highly skilled Nobel Biocare mentor. You will follow your patients from the start to the fit stage to maximise the learning.
In addition to the patients provided by the centre, you can also bring your own patients to the centre by mutual agreement for treatment under direct supervision or the mentor can travel to your practice to supervise you free of charge.
Your course founder
LCOI was founded by Dr Sam Parsno BDS (Sweden), MSc ImpDent (Spain), DipImpDent RCS (Eng.) to provide a unique course with high standard in the field of oral implantology and to support busy practitioners to advance their skills and knowledge in implant dentistry using a evidence-based curriculum.
Sam has been registered with the UK’s General Dental Council (GDC) since 1996 – registration number 72207 and has successfully placed thousands of implants since 2000.
What makes this course so unique?
This is an innovative dental implant training programme offering dental practitioners with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide high quality dental treatment in a safe environment. Patients and mentor are provided by the course. In addition to the two patients provided by the course, you have the opportunity to place up to 20 implants to improve your skills and confidence subject to terms and conditions.
To help ensure this course is regarded as one of the best implant training courses in the UK we have selected:
- Some of the most skilled and experienced specialists in the UK with many years of experience in the field of implant dentistry
- Well known national and international speakers who will provide you with evidence based high quality lectures.
The programme offers opportunity to treat patients under direct supervision, provides one year free access to DTX planning software, free mentoring, free implants to be used on your patients, free disposables including surgical gowns to be used for your patients, no lab fees.
After successful completion of all the modules, candidates are welcome to attend regular study clubs free of charge to bring their cases for discussion and to review scientific articles to build up their core knowledge and confidence.
Only the best is good enough
We look forward to helping you to achieve the next level of your professional career. We are committed to excellence.
We offer lectures, hands-on workshops, relevant reviews of literature emphasising evidence based learning, observations of live surgeries. We offer treatment of patients under supervision with high clinical standards.
Minimise disruption to your practice
Our course is carefully designed to ensure understanding of the knowledge base and implementation into clinical treatment, while protecting you and the patient’s best interest. The course is designed to minimise disruption to your practice.
Live surgery experience
All live surgeries provided by the candidates are under strict direct supervision to ensure confidence and a smooth learning curve. We would like to invite you to invest in yourself and join us in a very special educational experience.
Our course will enhance your knowledge, skills and confidence to its highest possible level to be able to provide your patients with safe and successful implant treatment.
At the end of the course students will be able:
- To practice implant dentistry to a high standard and in the best interest of the patient.
- To apply skills and expertise expected of implant surgeon
- To define and carefully execute the most suitable treatment for the patient.
- To communicate effectively with the patient, outlining the benefits of the proposed treatment.
- To carry out surgical and restorative aspects of implant treatment with high degree of predictability.
- To monitor and maintain the treatment provided.
- To form the basic core of education for on-going continuing professional development.
- To be able to keep adequate clinical, radiographic and photographic records.
We are accepting applications now for 2022 entry and deadline for submission is 04th May 2022.
Please click on the “Apply Online” box below. Number of places are limited to 10, please apply early to avoid disappointment.
International candidates are welcome to join the course but they will not be provided with any patient if they are not registered with the General Dental Council in the UK.
In Partnership With :